The Bishop of Ely seeks to make an appointment for the post of Vicar to serve in the parish of Yaxley, Cambridgeshire.
Yaxley is a single church parish, with an all-age congregation, in one of the largest villages in the country. With a population of over 10,000, close to the A1 and next to Peterborough, it retains a village community feel, with all the schools, amenities and activities one would hope for.
We are seeking a vicar who is ready for the challenge of developing a fresh approach to our vision.
In particular, we would like our new vicar to:
- Be energetic and youthful-minded
- Be Spirit-filled
- Interact imaginatively and creatively with children
- Engage in modern worship
- Have a pastoral heart
- Have strength of character
- Engage with people on a personal level
- Have leadership and organisational skills
- Be willing and keen to take on new initiatives
- Have a good sense of humour
What can we offer?
- A loving and welcoming church family
- Spiritual and prayerful support
- An active and supportive PCC led by two experienced churchwardens
- A proactive and passionate parish communications officer
- Three retired clergy, a pastoral authorised lay minister (ALM) and occasional preachers
- Two Youth ALMs in training
- Volunteer baptism and wedding administrators
- A host of skilled volunteers involved in all aspects of church life
- A beautiful heated Grade 1 listed building that we are continuing to adapt to meet the needs of a modern, growing, worshipping community
Click here to download a copy of our Parish Profile.