I’m sure we’re not the first to say it, but if you’re visiting this page you’ve probably just got engaged. If you’re looking at getting married here, here’s what you need know and what to do next.
Please talk to us
- St. Peter’s is very popular for weddings – it’s worth contacting us to reserve a date before booking your reception venue, as we cannot guarantee we will have your chosen date available.
- By law we have to establish whether you have a qualifying connection with the Parish before we can confirm whether you can officially marry at St. Peter’s.
Here’s what will happen:
- After an initial conversation, you’ll need to meet with the Vicar to go through a few things – the information we need, the legal bit, and the options available to you (e.g. flowers, music, etc.)
- After we’ve done this, you will need to complete an application form together with a £100 deposit before we can confirm your booking.
- Finally, every couple getting married here is invited to a marriage preparation course. We think marriage is worth investing in, so we would like to help couples put down some strong foundations.
The best next step is to contact our church office who will talk you through everything you need to know, as well as to look at possible dates. We’d encourage you to book early – that way we can make sure more options are available to you for your big day.
Exciting times are ahead. May God bless you!